Lemon Herb "Roast"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Oven roasting gives this steak a moist, tender texture while slowly cooking the vegetables. And broiling it all to finish it up gives the meat a crisp, zesty flavor. Yup, here's the way for us to get the best of both worlds!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3 to 3 pounds) beef top sirloin steak, about 2 inches thick
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 medium white potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, cut into quarters
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place beef in a roasting pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine parsley, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; mix well and rub half of mixture onto the top and sides of roast. Add remaining oil, the potatoes, carrots, and onions to remaining lemon mixture; toss until vegetables are well coated then place around beef in roasting pan.
- Cover and roast 50 to 60 minutes for medium (160 degrees F. on a meat thermometer), or until desired doneness, stirring vegetables occasionally.
- Remove cover and broil in a preheated broiler for 5 to 6 minutes or until top is browned. Slice across the grain and serve with vegetables and pan juices.