Lone Star Steak and Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Lone Star Steak and Potatoes uses a spice blend that adds a real kick of flavor to this all-in-one dinner dish. This is one hearty meal that'll bring all the cowboys and cowgirls to the dinner table!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 baking potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak (about 1-inch thick)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, if desired; mix well. In a large bowl, combine olive oil and 2 teaspoons of spice mixture. Add potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 20 minutes; turn potatoes over and bake 15 more minutes, or until fork-tender and crispy. Cover with foil and place on bottom rack in oven.
- Turn oven to broil. Sprinkle steak on both sides with seasoning mixture. Place on a baking sheet and broil 6 to 7 minutes; turn over and broil 4 to 5 more minutes, or to desired doneness.
If you have any leftover seasoning mix, store in an airtight container for later use.
- Top off this delicious, hearty meal with a cool and refreshing Berry Lemon Pie -- your gang will love it!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 313
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 3.2g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 27g 55 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 721mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.8g 15 %
- Sugars 1.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Donauwellen is a classic German dessert that's often called the "German Wave Cake." That's because the layers in this cake look like the waves of the Danube river. Our version starts off with a box of cake mix, to make it really easy, and features all of the classic flavors, including chocolate, vanilla, cherries, and pudding.