Meat Loaf and Potato Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a great meat-and-potatoes combination that's sure to be a hit with your gang! There's no need to make a separate mashed potato side dish... you can have an all-in-one dinner with this reader-favorite casserole.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup saltine cracker crumbs (about 8 crackers)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 servings warm instant mashed potatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, onion, egg, chili powder, and salt; mix well. Press mixture into prepared baking dish and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until juices run clear. Drain off excess liquid.
- Combine potatoes, corn, and scallions. Spread over meat loaf. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and top has begun to brown.
- If you want to add more spicy heat, use a little more chili powder or use a blend of shredded Mexican cheeses or Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers instead of Cheddar cheese.
- Racking your brain for something your kids will want to eat for dinner or lunch? Then check out 15 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes today!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're so crazy about carrots we like to use 'em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, 'cause it's crazy easy, crazy good, and there's not a person who tries 'em who isn't crazy about 'em afterwards!