We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a steak that tastes like it's from a 4-star steakhouse, but without the big price tag? This recipe for Mushroom Steak is it, and we know you're gonna go crazy for the sherry mushroom sauce!
What You'll Need
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/8 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 (12-ounce) boneless beef loin strip steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden. Stir in the sherry, the browning sauce, if desired, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over high heat. Rub both sides of the steaks with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter then sprinkle with the salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the steaks in the grill pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness beyond that. Serve the steaks topped with the mushroom-sherry sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!