My Mom's Stuffed Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We know that no one makes stuffed cabbage like mom does. That's why we peeked in her recipe box and found her recipe for what we like to call My Mom's Stuffed Cabbage. The old-world taste is the perfect ode to her classic version.
What You'll Need
- 1 large cabbage, cored
- 2 (14-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup cooked white rice, cooled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Place cabbage in water, cored-side down; cover pan, and reduce heat to low. Steam 20 minutes, or until cabbage leaves pull apart easily. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and lemon juice; mix well and set aside. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, rice, onion, egg, garlic, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the tomato sauce mixture; mix well.
- Place 1 cup tomato sauce mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish. Peel a cabbage leaf off the head and cut off thick stem. Place 1/4 cup meat mixture in center of leaf. Starting at core end, make a roll, folding over sides and rolling loosely. Place seam side down in baking dish; repeat with remaining cabbage leaves and meat mixture. Spoon remaining tomato mixture evenly over top of cabbage rolls and cover.
- Bake 1-1/4 hours. Uncover and cook 10 additional minutes, or until beef is no longer pink.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 212
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 3.6g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 15g 29 %
- Cholesterol 62mg 21 %
- Sodium 663mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.0g 20 %
- Sugars 7.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
No game day bash is complete without a platter stacked high with chicken wings, and our recipe for Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings is a flavor-packed winner. Coated with a to-die-for lemon pepper sauce, these homemade chicken wings are like nothing you've ever had before.