Not Your Average Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You may think this combination of ingredients sounds strange but our recipe for Not Your Average Steak is really a great way to add flavor to a low-fat cut of meat.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (1-1/2- to 2-pound) boneless beef top sirloin steak, well trimmed
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns, crushed (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler. Coat a broiler pan or baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine raisins, wine, broth, and cinnamon over medium heat. Cook 20 to 25 minutes, until volume is reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of steak with peppercorns. With a kitchen mallet, pound peppercorns into meat.
- Place steak on prepared pan and broil 8 minutes (for medium), or to desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch; stir until smooth and slowly add to the reduced broth mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Slice steak thinly across the grain and serve immediately, topped with sauce.
You can use coarse ground pepper if you don't have whole peppercorns.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy apple coffee cake! This recipe comes from our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites. Don't worry, we're not sacrificing any of the taste. In fact, just one bite, and you're going to be hooked! Don't be surprised when family and neighbors are lining up outside your kitchen for a taste of our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!