This old fashioned meatloaf recipe will delight everyone at your table.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are so many different ways to make meatloaf, but sometimes, you just want that traditional meatloaf recipe like mom used to make. Our Old-Fashioned Meatloaf was made with that classic, lip-smacking, delicious supper in mind. Trust us, you won't have any trouble getting the family to the table for this classic meatloaf taste!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Italian-flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, green pepper, egg, bread crumbs, 3/4 cup ketchup, and the black pepper. Using your hands, mix ground beef mixture well and place in loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour. Spoon on remaining ketchup, sprinkle with brown sugar, and bake 10 to 15 additional minutes, or until no pink remains. Drain, if necessary, then slice and serve.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Remember to let your meatloaf sit for at least 10 minutes before slicing it for eatin'! This will help the slices hold together, so you can serve it nicely and easily!
- Potatoes of some sort always seem to be the perfect go-along with meatloaf. We've got lots to choose from on our website, but one of our favorites around here is Oven Roasted Potatoes. We also love the Rustic Homestyle Potatoes.
- A traditional meatloaf recipe is just the beginning! Check out our collection of Old-Fashioned Dinner Recipes, Dessert Recipes, and More to bring back memories of yesterday with amazing flavors that never get old.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 451
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24g 38 %
- Saturated Fat 9.4g 47 %
- Trans Fat 1.4g 0 %
- Protein 32g 65 %
- Cholesterol 134mg 45 %
- Sodium 823mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)