Old-Fashioned Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 6 stuffed pepper halves
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
We like to call these Old-Fashioned Stuffed Peppers. That's because these taste just like the way that Mom used to make 'em. It's a hearty and beefy dinner recipe that you'll want to keep forever.
What You'll Need
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large bell peppers, washed, tops removed, sliced in half, and seeded
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce on bottom of 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, rice, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 cup spaghetti sauce, the water, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well.
- Stuff each bell pepper half with an equal amount of meat mixture and place in prepared baking dish. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce evenly over stuffed peppers.
- Cover and cook 40 to 45 minutes, or until no pink remains in meat and rice is tender. Remove from oven, uncover, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Spoon sauce over peppers, and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 450
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 9.3g 47 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 25g 50 %
- Cholesterol 77mg 26 %
- Sodium 1,103mg 46 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 8.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.