We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Reuben Loaf allows you to enjoy the flavor of a Reuben sandwich in casserole-sized portions. Reuben Loaf makes a wonderful dinner or snack and tastes just as great when reheated the next day.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound thick-sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can sauerkraut, chopped, with liquid reserved
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. With a wire whisk, beat in buttermilk, eggs, and oil until moistened. Stir in corned beef, sauerkraut with its liquid, and Swiss cheese.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- To add even more Reuben flavor to this easy casserole, serve it with a side of Russian Dressing or Thousand Island Dressing.
- Check out even more fun Reuben recipes like our Reuben Dip and Reuben Macaroni Salad.
- We've got more great casserole recipes in our free eCookbook, Blue Ribbon Casseroles: 23 Easy Casserole Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chilled Stacked Salad is a colorful and easy make-ahead layered salad that is perfect for easy summer entertaining. It's among our favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties. We know once you start stacking, you'll never want to stop!