Roasted Holiday Prime Rib
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you plan ahead, or wait till the last minute, we know this prime rib recipe will be perfect for your menu! This melt-in-your-mouth Christmas-favorite will have everyone "oohing" and "aahing" at the dinner table, but what really makes it special is the crunchy flavor-packed coating! Our Roasted Holiday Prime Rib will be the centerpiece of a Christmas dinner the family won't soon forget.
What You'll Need
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) boneless beef prime rib
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat roasting pan with cooking spray. Place beef fat side up in pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Rub mixture evenly over beef. The mixture will be kind of thick, so you will need to sort of pat it on.
- Roast beef 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 degrees. Continue cooking 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours (or about 15 minutes per pound), or until a meat thermometer reaches 135 degrees for medium-rare, or until desired doneness beyond that. (Even though medium rare is 145 degrees, the meat will continue to cook once you take it out of the oven, so after it rests for about 10 minutes, it should be perfect.)
- Remove beef to cutting board and let stand 15 minutes before carving into thick slices.
Test Kitchen Tip
- To give the roast a crispier crust, broil it for the last few minutes of cooking.
- Don’t let all those drippings go to waste; add a splash of dry red wine and/or beef broth to the pan and give it a good stir. If your pan is stovetop-safe, you can simmer it to bring all those flavors together. Then serve this on the side and you’ll have the most flavorful roast ever.
- To complete this delectable prime rib recipe you have to make Grandma's Country Mashed Potatoes and our scrumptious Southern Green Bean Casserole!
- For dessert, our Christmas Fluff is an easy, creamy dessert packed with sweet flavors! For something a little more decadent, try our Black Forest Cake! It'll disappear before your eyes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 580
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22g 34 %
- Saturated Fat 6.9g 35 %
- Trans Fat 0.8g 0 %
- Protein 87g 174 %
- Cholesterol 243mg 81 %
- Sodium 700mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 5.7g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 2.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.