Saucy Cola Meatballs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- About 30 meatballs
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Who would guess that one of our favorite soft drinks would be the secret ingredient to these tangy and delicious Saucy Cola Meatballs? They make for crowd-pleasing appetizers!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small onion, finely chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups cola (one 12-ounce can)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, water, half the onion, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Form into 1-inch meatballs and place in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients, including remaining onion; mix well. Pour mixture over meatballs. Cover with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes, remove foil, and continue cooking 25 to 30 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce is thickened.
The delicious sauce from these cocktail-size meatballs shouldn't go to waste, so be sure to have some Cheese Bread or rolls on hand for sopping!