We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ever made yourself a Shish Kebab? It's really not as difficult as it looks, especially when you follow the Mr. Food Test Kitchen's "Quick & Easy" cooking methods. Using just a few simple spices you've already got stored up in your pantry, we've turned kebab-ing into a sport that's so simple, you'll be earning 10s across the board! Pull out this easy kebab recipe the next time you're entertaining and watch as the compliments flow in.
What You'll Need
- 6 wooden or metal skewers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds beef top round, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes (about 24 cubes)
- 1 yellow squash, seeded and cut into 12 chunks
- 1 bell pepper (any color), cut into 12 chunks
What to Do
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper; mix well. Add the beef and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Alternately thread the beef and vegetables onto the skewers so that there are 4 pieces of meat, 2 chunks of squash, and 2 chunks of peppers on each skewer. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the beef is cooked to desired doneness, turning to cook on all sides and basting with the remaining marinade for only the first 6 to 8 minutes of grilling.
- Discard any unused marinade.
An easy way to seed the squash is to cut it in half and scrape out all the seeds at one time. Then, cut into chunks.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 240
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 3.8g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 24g 48 %
- Cholesterol 70mg 23 %
- Sodium 289mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 6.8g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 3.5g 0 %