Slow-Roasted Beef Tenderloin
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for a holiday main dish that looks as good as it tastes, then look no further! Our Slow Roasted Beef Tenderloin is fancy-looking and mouthwatering-good. This beef tenderloin is simply seasoned, cooked to perfection, and topped with a homemade mushroom sauce that's absolutely divine. You and your guests will savor every bite!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin
- Garlic powder for sprinkling
- Kosher salt for sprinkling
- Coarse black pepper for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle beef evenly on all sides with garlic powder, kosher salt, and coarse black pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Cook beef until browned on all sides. Transfer beef to roasting pan.
- Roast 30 to 35 minutes for medium-rare doneness. Let beef rest 20 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet over medium heat, melt butter; saute mushrooms 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine, broth, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk water and flour until smooth. Slowly stir into skillet and heat 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Serve mushroom sauce over sliced beef.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This summer, how about using those ruby red tomatoes to bake up something a little unusual but a whole lot tasty? We call it Summer's Best Tomato Pie and it's so fresh and creamy, you're gonna have a hard time stopping at one slice. With tomatoes being such a great summer food buy, you may want to bake one for a friend, too!