We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tender, juicy Steak Parmigiana is a twenty-minute meal that tastes gourmet! Win your party guests over with this great steak recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cubed sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; mix well. In another shallow dish, combine egg, water, and pepper; mix well. Dip steaks in egg mixture then in bread crumb mixture, coating completely.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add steaks and cook 3 minutes per side. Arrange steaks in baking dish. Top with sauce and bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle steaks with mozzarella cheese and bake 3 to 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and light golden. Serve immediately.
Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. Accompany with Smashed Potatoes:
6 to 8 servings
4 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes in a soup pot and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and "smash" potatoes with a potato masher to the desired consistency, leaving some chunks. Serve immediately, or place in a casserole dish and keep warm in a 250 Degrees F. oven for up to an hour before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 500
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 8.2g 41 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 47g 94 %
- Cholesterol 167mg 56 %
- Sodium 661mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!