We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 (8-ounce) steak
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
When you want to make a good impression, just serve up this simple, yet classic, Italian recipe for Steak Pizzaiola. Steak Pizzaiola is basically just a fancy name for steak simmered with flavorful onions, peppers, tomatoes, and simple seasonings. It's easy to put together and tasty to eat!
What You'll Need:
- 2 boneless beef loin strip steaks (8 to 10 ounces each), 1 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, cut into half-moon slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (14-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
What To Do:
- Season steaks on both sides with onion powder, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Brown steaks 2 minutes per side. Remove to a platter.
- Add onion, green pepper, diced tomatoes, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining1/2 teaspoon pepper to skillet; cook 5 minutes.
- Return steaks to skillet with vegetables, and cook 7 to 10 more minutes or to desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking. To serve; spoon sauce and vegetables onto a plate and top with sliced steak.
For great steak sandwiches, thinly slice the steaks and serve on sandwich rolls with the vegetables and sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Calories 713
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 49g 75 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 80 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 49g 99 %
- Cholesterol 184mg 61 %
- Sodium 1,903mg 79 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.0g 20 %
- Sugars 7.6g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The key to making this red potato salad taste phenomenal is to use fresh dill. Our Dilly Dally Potato Salad recipe is a lightened-up version of one of your favorite potato salads. Everyone at your potluck will enjoy this tasty dish!