Steak au Poivre
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This fancy schmancy French dish features steak that's generously covered in cracked pepper. It's perfect for a romantic dinner.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (1-inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
What to Do
- Press cracked black pepper evenly onto both sides of steaks.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add steaks, and cook 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a serving platter; set aside, and keep warm.
- Add brandy to skillet; let simmer 30 seconds or until liquid is reduced to a glaze. Add beef broth, salt, and sugar. Simmer, uncovered, 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in sour cream. Serve sauce with steak.
Per serving: CALORIES 216 (40 percent from fat); FAT 9.5g (sat 4.2g, mono 3.4g, poly 0.4g) PROTEIN 20.4g; CARBOHYDRATE 4g; FIBER 0.8g; CHOLESTEROL 62mg; IRON 3.3mg; SODIUM 771mg; CALCIUM 42mg