Steak in Pepper Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that peppercorns are available in 3 varieties that are harvested at different stages of maturity - black, green, and white? And they are what makes this Steak in Pepper Cream so extra special.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (12-ounce) New York strip steaks (3/4-inch thick)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons green peppercorns in liquid, drained (see note)
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
What to Do
- Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat until hot; sprinkle salt in skillet. Place steaks over salt; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from skillet.
- Combine peppercorns, steak sauce, and water in hot skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, to loosen any browned bits in bottom of skillet.
- Stir in whipping cream and black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add steaks; simmer 5 minutes or to desired doneness, stirring occasionally.
Look for peppercorns in small jars on the grocery shelf near the pickles.