Stovetop Meat Loaves
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Meat loaf is still one of the ultimate comfort foods. What isn't comforting is how long it traditionally takes to mix and bake a whole meat loaf. Well, guess what - these mini loaves capture that old-fashioned taste in less than half the time!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup stuffing mix
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 (11-1/8-ounce) can condensed Italian tomato soup, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, stuffing mix, onion, egg, 1/4 cup soup, and salt; mix well. Shape beef mixture into four mini loaves about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meat loaves and brown on both sides; drain off any fat.
- Stir water into remaining soup and pour over meat loaves. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until no pink remains in meat, stirring sauce occasionally. Serve topped with sauce.
While the meat loaves are cooking, we can whip up a batch of instant mashed potatoes and microwave a package of frozen peas.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.