Swiss Steak Monterey
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Packed with flavor, Swiss Steak Monterey will melt in your mouth and become an all-around family favorite.
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds cubed round or sirloin steak
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (1.3-ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
What To Do:
- Combine first 3 ingredients. Dredge cubed steak in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add steak, in batches, and cook until no longer pink. Return all steak to pot. Stir in tomato sauce and soup mix; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove steak to serving platter, reserving liquid in pot; keep warm.
- Stir sour cream into tomato mixture; simmer, stirring constantly, until heated. (Do not boil.) Serve over steak.
We all know that dry soup mix is good for more than a bowl of onion soup. It's long been a staple at picnics and other get-togethers combined with sour cream as a dip for crackers or chips. Now try adding it to a sauce to enhance its flavor without a lot of fuss, like we did here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.