We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Taco Casserole is a simple, Mexican-inspired, ground beef recipe that everyone in your family will eat right up. It's got all the tasty taco fillings you and your family love. But best of all, you can make our Taco Casserole in advance, and heat it up when you're ready to eat!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef (see Note)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1.25-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over high heat, cook beef and onion 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains; drain off excess fat. Add garlic powder, taco seasoning mix, and tomato sauce to beef; mix and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese; set aside.
- Place half the crushed chips in the bottom of the casserole dish. Add enough meat mixture to cover the chips, then cover the meat with half the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with half the cheese; repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes, or until casserole is heated through.
- Want to make this casserole a bit lighter? Substitute the ground beef with ground turkey and use low-fat sour cream and cheese.
- Hmmm...do you think your gang will like tacos for dinner and dessert? If so, then check out our Dessert Tacos!
This Taco Casserole is just one of the easy and tasty recipes you'll find in our collection of Easy Mexican Casseroles. Click here for more!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 700
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 45g 69 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 92 %
- Trans Fat 0.8g 0 %
- Protein 34g 67 %
- Cholesterol 118mg 39 %
- Sodium 1,296mg 54 %
- Total Carbohydrates 44g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g 19 %
- Sugars 6.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!