Tex Mex Meatballs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 30 small meatballs
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
This recipe comes courtesy of Krista from Budget Gourmet Mom who says, "Not only do these delicious meatballs make it to your plate in under 30 minutes but they are sure to fit any budget! Better yet, make a double batch and freeze some for later."
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl add the meat, beans, corn, and green chilies. Mix together with a wooden spoon just until incorporated. Add the egg, chipotle powder, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Fold into the meat mixture.
- Once combined, form into tablespoon size meatballs and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, just until the meat is cooked thoroughly. Do not over cook as it could dry out the meatballs.
- Serve immediately with rice or pasta and diced tomatoes.
Check out more of Krista's fantastic recipes on her blog: Budget Gourmet Mom!
- This recipe was a finalist in our Search for the Ultimate Weeknight Meal Contest!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"