Tex Mex Pepper Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In just a short amount of time, you'll have a whole meal on the table. The family will come runnin' when you tell 'em they're having Tex Mex Pepper Steak for dinner.
What You'll Need
- 2 (3.5-ounce) bags boil-in-bag rice
- 3/4 pound flank steak
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen bell pepper stir-fry
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
What to Do
- Prepare rice according to package directions to make 4 cups cooked rice.
- While rice cooks, slice steak in half lengthwise; slice each half diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Combine chili powder, cumin, and salt in a resealable plastic freezer bag; add meat. Seal bag, and shake until meat is well coated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat; stir-fry 4 minutes or until browned.
- Remove meat from skillet, and set aside; add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet, and heat over medium heat. Add bell pepper stir-fry; stir-fry 2 minutes or just until tender. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return meat to skillet; cook until thoroughly heated. Remove skillet from heat.
- To serve, place 1 cup rice on each of 4 plates; top evenly with meat mixture.
Wrap this juicy meat mixture in a flour tortilla for additional Tex-Mex flavor.