Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You control the spice in this delicious take on a classic dinner favorite. Rachael Ray shares her secret for making Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes perfect for your taste buds!
What You'll Need
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 4 burger rolls, toasted
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon about 5 minutes, or until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to cool, then crumble.
- Add beef, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned. Stir in onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is softened.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine beer, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Pour mixture into skillet, add bacon, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Spoon the sloppy joe mixture on to rolls and serve.
Top sloppy joes with corn chips, pickled jalapeno rings, and sweet red pepper relish for that authentic Tex-Mex flavor!
- We topped off this delicious meal with our Quick Tres Leches for an extra Ole!