We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When the heat of the summer gives us lazy, "dog day" afternoons, Tortilla Dogs are the answer to creating a quick meal that's doggone tasty!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (1 -ounce) package dry taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 hot dogs (about 1 pound)
- 8 (6- or 8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
What to Do
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef 4 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Add taco seasoning and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until the liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, brown hot dogs over medium heat, turning frequently.
- Divide mixture evenly in center of tortillas and sprinkle with cheese; top each with a hot dog. Roll each tortilla around the hot dog and place seam-side down on a serving plate. Serve immediately.
If you want, you can make these in advance, place them in a baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and set in a 200-degree oven for 1 to 2 hours before serving.