Worth-the-Wait Pot Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We promise you that Worth-the-Wait Pot Roast really is worth it. All that you have to do is throw a few ingredients into the slow cooker and wait for this tender recipe to cook. Patience pays for a pot roast this delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-1/2- to 4-1/2-pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup water
What to Do
- Sprinkle both sides of chuck roast with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; brown roast 4 to 5 minutes on each side. In a large slow cooker, combine tomatoes, mushroom soup, onion soup mix, half the onions, and water. Place roast on top of mixture and top with remaining onions.
- Cover and cook on HIGH heat 6 hours or LOW heat 8 to 9 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. Remove meat to a platter. Stir gravy then spoon over meat and serve.
- If by some chance you have leftovers, do what we did in the Test Kitchen the day after we made it. We warmed it up in the microwave, shredded it and served it on a toasted hoagie roll with all the sauce. Mmm, mmm.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 850
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36g 56 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 66 %
- Trans Fat 1.3g 0 %
- Protein 613g 1,225 %
- Cholesterol 322mg 107 %
- Sodium 1,412mg 59 %
- Total Carbohydrates 22g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.3g 13 %
- Sugars 7.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
They say everything's bigger in Texas, which must be why this casserole is so big on taste! Our Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-easy. It's perfect alongside anything from Texas brisket to your favorite chicken dinner!