Herb-Crusted Prime Rib
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Christmas dinner is a time for us to gather around the table with friends and family and eat something heavenly. Our Herb-Crusted Prime Rib is going to be as close to Heaven as you can get this year! Juicy and full of flavor, this easy beef recipe is sure to top any present they might find under the tree. After all, good food is the gift that keeps on giving!
What You'll Need
- 1 (5-6 pound) boneless rib eye roast
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan and roasting rack with cooking spray. Place roast fat-side up on rack in the roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, thyme, rosemary, onion powder, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well. Rub mixture evenly over the beef.
- Roast beef 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees. and continue to cook 1-1/2 to 2 hours for medium rare (135 degrees F) or until desired doneness. Remove beef to a cutting board and let rest 15 to 20 minutes. (This will help the beef retain its juices once it’s cut.)
- Meanwhile, on the stovetop over medium heat, add beef broth to roasting pan (make sure the pan is stovetop safe) and deglaze it by whisking the pan drippings for 2 to 3 minutes. Carve the roast across the grain into 1/2-inch to 1-inch slices. Spoon pan drippings over beef and serve immediately.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.