Apple & Spice Pull-Apart Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When we first taste-tested this recipe in the Test Kitchen, we practically had to form a single file line, so everyone could get a chance to pull-apart their piece. Once someone got a bite, it was hard to keep them from finishing the whole dessert on their own! All kidding aside, this Apple & Spice Pull-Apart Bread may be one of the best recipes we've ever created.
What You'll Need
- 1 round loaf hearty white or sourdough bread, unsliced
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely diced
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Using a serrated knife, make a criss-cross patter in the bread slicing 1 inch apart, cutting almost all the way to the bottom but being careful not to cut through completely. Place bread on baking sheet. Evenly pour butter between each bread section.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry cake mix and brown sugar; mix well. Add apples and toss until evenly coated. Evenly sprinkle apple mixture between between each of the bread sections, being careful not to break the bread apart. Sprinkle any remaining mixture over the bread.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bread is crispy on top and bottom.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over warm bread and serve immediately.
- Can't find white mountain bread? Any round bread like sour dough or Italian will be just as tasty!
- Store leftover cake mix in a resealable plastic bag to use the next time you make this delicious bread! It will get eaten up so fast, you may have to make it the same day!
- This recipe from The Ultimate Cake Mix & More Cookbook, which is full of great dessert recipes that all use cake-mix as a shortcut! Click here to purchase your copy, and don't forget to order a few for your friends, too!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 357
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 7.6g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 5.6g 11 %
- Cholesterol 29mg 10 %
- Sodium 485mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 54g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the reasons we love this creamy potato soup recipe, well, besides the fact that it's fill-you-up good, is that we can change up the variety of cheese every time we make it. That way, this ooey gooey Creamy Potato Cheese Soup ends up with a new personality that you're going to love every time!Try a bunch of your favorite cheeses and let us know which one you like the best.