Cheddar Drop Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You know what makes a simple biscuit recipe even better? Adding a bit of cheese, of course! This easy recipe for Cheddar Drop Biscuits is a cut above the rest because we've added plenty of warm, melted cheese inside to make 'em better than ever. Try different varieties of cheese to make these biscuits one-of-a-kind!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix and cheese; make a well in center of mixture. Add milk, stirring just until moist. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes, or until golden.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, parsley, and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits and serve.
- Due to the higher proportion of liquid to dry ingredients, drop biscuits have a thick batter instead of a soft dough like that of rolled biscuits. That's why they're dropped instead of kneaded and rolled. And because they're dropped, these biscuits take a lot less time to prepare than the rolled variety.
- Be sure to check out our collection of easy biscuit and roll recipes!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the reasons we love this creamy potato soup recipe, well, besides the fact that it's fill-you-up good, is that we can change up the variety of cheese every time we make it. That way, this ooey gooey Creamy Potato Cheese Soup ends up with a new personality that you're going to love every time!Try a bunch of your favorite cheeses and let us know which one you like the best.