Cherry Nut Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cherry Nut Bread is a cake-type bread that's perfect for adding novelty to your dinner table, or just for snacking.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups sugar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 7 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup cherry juice (from the canned cherries)
- 1 (1-pound) can tart cherries, well drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in shortening. Stir in eggs, orange juice, orange peel, and cherry juice. Fold in cherries and nuts. Pour into 2 greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loaf pans.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan. Serve warm, or let cool on a wire rack.
Why not enjoy one loaf now and freeze the other? Cherry Nut Bread freezes well.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!