Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This rich-tasting quick bread is made with a combo of two favorites: bananas and chocolate! Our Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe makes two loaves, so you'll have one to keep and one to share as a tasty gift.
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 to 5 bananas, mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat two 9- x 5-inch loaf pans with canola spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, and bananas; beat until thoroughly mixed. Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes then remove from pans.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Canola Gourmet Cookbook. For more information about canola oil, visit www.northerncanola.com.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer summer months, then you've come to the right place. Not only is this strawberry ice cream recipe fresh as can be, but with only four simple ingredients, is easy as can be too! Using ripe and juicy strawberries, you'll bring it together with some condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. It doesn't get much easier--or summertime sweeter--than that!