Cranberry Nut Scones
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These are English scones with a twist...one that deserves to be noticed. And when you serve these, I guarantee they'll be noticed!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) room temperature butter, cut into 4 even slices
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 can (5.33 ounces) evaporated skim milk
- 1 egg
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly, then stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and egg, whisk to mix. Add the egg mixture to the flour and stir just until blended.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough 5 to 6 times, then place on an ungreased baking sheet and press into a circle about 1-inch thick and 8-inches across. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of sugar. Bake on the middle oven rack for 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 8 scones.
Sweetened dried cranberries are becoming widely available and make a super snack or mix-in.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 260
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 4.2g 21 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 6.3g 13 %
- Cholesterol 39mg 13 %
- Sodium 338mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %