Easter Egg Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 loaf, 8 slices
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe. Plus, this is an easy Easter recipe, so you can make a treat that looks Easter-fancy without tons of work!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups plus 2 teaspoons water, divided
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 4 different food colors
- 4 eggs (see Note)
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- In each of 4 cups or small bowls, combine 1/2 cup water and 1 teaspoon vinegar. Add about 1/4 teaspoon of a different food color to each cup.
- Place 1 egg (in shell) in each cup and allow to sit until the desired color is attained, turning eggs occasionally with a spoon. Remove to paper towels to drain and dry completely.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece of dough into a 24-inch rope. Braid strips together then place on a baking sheet and form into a ring, pinching ends together to seal. Tuck colored eggs into the braid, spacing them evenly. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden; allow to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and the 2 teaspoons remaining water, stirring until thoroughly blended. Brush warm bread with sugar glaze, being careful not to coat the colored eggs. Serve warm, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Feel free to decorate the eggs any way you like, but, remember, they need to be raw when you start, so they don't overcook.
- Looking for more great Easter recipes? Check out our free Easter e-cookbook! And don't miss our collection of 25 Easy Easter Dessert Recipes to top your Easter meal off right!
- Hot Cross Buns are another sweet Easter bread tradition. And if you're craving dessert after your Easter dinner, we recommend checking out our recipes for Buttermilk Carrot Cake and Chocolate Egg Nests.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)