The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Fruit of the Vine and Rosemary Olive Oil Snack Bread with Pine Nuts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 2 large loaves
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
This novel prize-winning snack bread with a long name is going to disappear in record time! The secret ingredient that makes it special is fresh grapes that add a special texture and taste that make this one a winner.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup toasted whole pine nuts
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups to 4-1/4 cups bread flour, divided (we used King Arthur)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (1/4-ounce) packages active dry yeast (we used Fleischmann's)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2/3 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup quartered red seedless grapes
What to Do
- Place pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until slightly browned and toasted.
- In a bread machine pan, place water and 1/2 cup olive oil. Add 4 cups bread flour, sugar, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture and place yeast in well.
- Program bread machine for DOUGH. During last 2 minutes of kneading cycle, add rosemary, Asiago cheese, pine nuts, and grapes. If necessary, add some of the remaining flour if dough appears to be sticky.
- When DOUGH cycle is complete, divide dough in half. On a floured board, roll each half into a 12- x 6-inch rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a long side; seal well. Pinch ends and pull slightly to taper. Place seam-side down on greased baking sheets.
- Cover; let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brush loaves with remaining olive oil.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden. Remove to cooling rack.
- Dough may also be made in electric mixer using a dough hook.
- Use loaves for bruschetta, appetizer spreads, or to accompany soups.
For more scrumptious Festival of Breads Contest-winning bread recipes, try Quick Raisin Granola Breakfast Rolls, Apple Cider Cranberry Bread, and Sweet Wheat Bread.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon-Caper Fish Fillets
Did you know fish is the ultimate fast food? We're not talking about the stuff you get at a drive thru. These sunny-tasting fish fillets cooks up in just 8 minutes! You read that right. Our Lemon-Capers Fish Fillets combine lemon juice and the tangy flavor of capers to add just the right amount of "wow" to this easy dinner recipe!