Hearty Cheese Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add a little extra love to any meal you've got planned with our recipe for Hearty Cheese Biscuits. These homemade cheese biscuits promise to deliver lots of cheddar-y goodness in every bite. Slather on the jelly or eat them as-is; either way, they're tummy-lovin' good.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups self-rising flour, plus more for rolling out
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cheese, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper, if desired; mix well. Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut shortening into flour mixture until crumbly. Add buttermilk and stir until a dough forms.
- Sprinkle flour on a board; knead dough until smooth. Roll out dough with a rolling pin to 1/2-inch thickness and cut into 2-inch heart-shaped biscuits. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Don't have a heart-shaped cookie cutter? No worries, any shape will do, so long as you make them with lots of love.
- Are you a fan of heart-shaped foods? If so, then be sure to check out our recipe for Cupid's Love Pies too!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 13
- Calories 174
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 4.4g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 132mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 2.7g 0 %