Homemade Biscuits and Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe will take your taste buds down South, to where good old-fashioned recipes are still king. Our Homemade Biscuits and Gravy recipe is full of so much down-home goodness, you'll want to eat these homemade biscuits at breakfast AND dinner, which is perfectly all right by us!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups pancake and baking mix
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted, plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16-ounce) package hot pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir baking mix, buttermilk, and the 1/2 stick melted butter until soft dough forms. Drop 8 equal spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt remaining butter; cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until browned. Add sausage and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains, stirring to crumble sausage. Add flour; mix well. Add Worcestershire sauce, milk, salt, and pepper; mix well. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until gravy thickens, stirring constantly.
- Cut biscuits in half and spoon sausage mixture evenly on bottom halves. Replace tops and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.