Mini Orange Date Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want a date? Here you go! Dates are naturally sweet and oh-so good for us, so, for a change from eating them by themselves, try these mini muffins packed with orange-date flavor and nutrition!
What You'll Need
- 1 (22-ounce) package date quick bread and muffin mix
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 36 pecan halves
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Coat mini muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together date bread mix, 1 cup orange juice, the butter, egg, and orange peel until well blended. Spoon batter into muffin pans, filling each tin two-thirds full. Place one pecan half on each muffin and bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and remaining tablespoon orange juice; mix well. Drizzle over cooled muffins. Serve, or loosely cover until ready to serve.
These can make 1 dozen regular-sized muffins, if you prefer. Just use a different-sized muffin pan and increase the cooking time to 20 to 25 minutes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.