My Aunt's Blueberry Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This special family recipe is being shared by Howard in the Test Kitchen, in honor of his favorite Aunt Ruthie who always brought these melt-in-your-mouth muffins home from work. He and the team created a version that matches the original to a tasty T!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh or 1 (12-ounce) package frozen blueberries
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1-1/4 cups sugar and the butter until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; beat well. Add milk and vanilla, and beat until thoroughly combined. Mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries and stir into batter.
- In a medium bowl, toss the remaining blueberries with the remaining flour. Fold into batter and spoon into baking cups, distributing batter evenly. Sprinkle tops with remaining sugar.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- As an option, this recipe can make 6 jumbo muffins, just bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
- One recipe=2 great tastes! Use this recipe to make chocolate chip muffins by replacing the blueberries with 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Our blueberry muffins are great on the go, just like our Rise 'n' Shine Omelet Cups.
Want more muffin recipes like this popular blueberry muffin recipe? Of course you do! Here you go—enjoy this free downloadable muffin e-cookbook; Must-Make Muffins: 12 Easy Muffin Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 262
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 5.3g 26 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 3.9g 8 %
- Cholesterol 52mg 17 %
- Sodium 263mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 42g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
They say everything's bigger in Texas, which must be why this casserole is so big on taste! Our Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-easy. It's perfect alongside anything from Texas brisket to your favorite chicken dinner!