My Favorite Italian Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you "knead" something special that doesn't cost a lot of "dough", this Italian Bread will surely "rise" to the occasion!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more if needed
- 1 (¼-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup very warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
What to Do
- Place flour, yeast, and salt in a food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade. Process for 3 to 5 seconds, until the ingredients are well mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, sugar, and oil. With the processor running, slowly pour the water mixture through the feeding tube. After it is completely mixed, if the dough is too soft, add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time until a smooth ball forms. Process for 20 to 25 seconds to knead the dough.
- Place the dough in a bowl that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray; turn the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise at room temperature for 35 to 40 minutes, until doubled in size. Punch the dough down, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured board and form into a rectangle about 8" x 12". Starting at a 12-inch side, tightly roll up the dough jelly-roll fashion and place seam side down on an ungreased cookie sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool before slicing.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!