Nutty Pear Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I just love the mellow, sweet taste of pears, so I thought why not bake them into some muffins?!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 medium pear, seeded with stem removed, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger, and salt; mix well.
- In another large bowl, beat eggs with milk. Stir in chopped pear and melted butter. Add pear mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. (Batter will be very stiff.) Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter, distributing evenly.
- Combine the cashews and brown sugar; mix well. Sprinkle the nut mixture evenly over the batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately remove from the muffin tin. Serve warm.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 226
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 4.4g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 4.5g 9 %
- Cholesterol 47mg 16 %
- Sodium 291mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 33g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.