Old-Fashioned Cranberry Scones
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Dress up your bread basket this Thanksgiving with these extra special Old-Fashioned Cranberry Scones. They're super easy to make and bake up in only 20 minutes!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons stick butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
- Cooking spray
What to Do
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, baking soda, salt, 2 tablespoons sugar, and cream of tartar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 forks until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cranberries and orange rind, tossing well. Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Sprinkle remaining flour evenly over work surface. Turn dough out onto floured surface; knead 4 or 5 times. Divide dough into 2 portions. Pat each portion into a 5-inch circle on prepared baking sheet . Cut each circle into 4 wedges, cutting to, but not through, bottom of dough. Sprinkle each circle evenly with remaining sugar.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden.
Nothing like the smell of biscuits baking in the oven! We suggest you add our Savory Olive and Rosemary Scones to your holiday bread basket!