We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Americana classic first made its way across the South before making its way across the country. Once you give this Spoon Bread a try, we're sure it will make its way around your circle of friends and family, too.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups fine yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine milk and water; simmer until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Add cornmeal, butter, sugar, and salt; stir 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and baking powder until very light and fluffy. Stir in cornmeal mixture; mix well then spoon into baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until top is golden. Serve hot.
Courtesy of Christiana Campbell's Tavern, Colonial Williamsburg.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This vegetable side dish is a must-have, especially during the fall season. Our Lentil and Vegetable Medley features a delicious combo of roasted sweet potatoes, sliced Brussels sprouts, hearty lentils, and more. To make it even more flavorful we toss all of these tasty ingredients with some balsamic vinegar. You'll love this!