Sweet Potato Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A hint of cinnamon and nutmeg give this Sweet Potato Bread a classic taste that's so good you're going to want to share with everyone! Our recipe for sweet potato bread makes two loaves, so you can keep one for yourself and share another with a neighbor!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes (about 4 large yams)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In another large bowl, combine sugar and oil; beat well. Beat in eggs. Add flour mixture and water alternately. Stir in sweet potatoes.
- Divide batter evenly among two greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pans. Bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of loaves comes out clean. Cool in pans on rack.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.