Tomato Cheese Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ready to put on a show for your friends and family? They'll be amazed at the sophisticated spread you've laid out when you put out this simple, yet tasty, Tomato Cheese Bread. Better than any ordinary bread recipe, this one allows you to add a delicate touch of spices and flavorings for a plateful of yum.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) container soft cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) French bread loaf
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler. In a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl, microwave cream cheese at HIGH 20 seconds. Stir in Parmesan cheese and next 4 ingredients.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread cream cheese mixture over cut sides of bread. Top with tomatoes. Place on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Because they're a little less juicy but always pretty and yummy, plum tomatoes are the tomato of choice atop this cheesy French bread loaf. Consider using them whenever vine-ripe tomatoes are out of season. You'll get quality flavor and texture-even during the winter months.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!