Carrot Cake Banana Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When it comes to dessert, this recipe has the best of both worlds. Our Carrot Cake Banana Bread is as good as it sounds and we know you'll love it! The homemade carrot cake, banana bread mix is better than anything you can buy in the store, and the cream cheese frosting is the perfect complement to this moist banana bread cake recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 bananas)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat together oil and sugar; add egg and mix well. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine bananas, water, and vanilla.
- Add banana mixture to oil and sugar mixture alternately with flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in carrots and nuts and pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make Cream Cheese Frosting, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat frosting ingredients until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly over top of bread and serve or refrigerate until ready to serve (See Tip).
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Be sure to garnish this tasty dessert with chopped walnuts for that perfect finishing touch.
- For more perfect carrot cake recipes, try our Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies or one of our Homemade Carrot Cake Recipes!
- Banana bread is always better with a twist. Try our Blueberry Banana Bread, our "Bapple" Bread, or our Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread for a taste of something great.
- Plus, check out of collection of Homemade Frosting Recipes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won't be able to stop snackin' on. Bake these "doubly-orangey-good" cookies when you're looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!