Cheesy Swiss Popovers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Cheesy Swiss Popovers are warm, cheesy, and perfectly satisfying! Once you make these, you'll want this dinner roll recipe to be a standard at every special occasion. We don't blame you! The cheese filled goodness is almost too good to be true; luckily for you, it's only a recipe away.
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, water, flour, and salt until smooth. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush a 12-cup muffin tin with oil. Place empty muffin tin in oven 5 minutes to heat up while the dough is resting. Carefully remove empty tin from oven and fill each cup three-quarters full with batter. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and scallions.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden and puffy. Remove from muffin tin and serve immediately.
Check This Out!
- For more dinner roll options try our Easy Mayo Rolls, our Homemade Pretzel Rolls, or our Pull Apart Herbed Rolls!
- Plus, check out our collection of Easy Biscuit Recipes and Homemade Roll Recipes.
- And for a deliciously warm and flaky dessert, try our Apple Puff Pastry Pies or our Apricot Pecan Brie Tarts!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!