We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've got a craving for a bit of British flare, our English Scones recipe will make you feel like there's a bit of London in your kitchen! These flaky, buttery scones, inspired by the royal wedding, are a perfect addition when you're having tea, or even if you just want to enjoy it with breakfast! Either way, England's classic tradition just might become your new one!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberry jam for garnish
- Whipped cream for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until crumbly. In a small bowl, combine milk, 1 egg, and vanilla; whisk until combined. Add to flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- On a floured surface, knead dough 5 to 6 times until it comes together. Lightly pat the dough so that it is 1/2-inch thick. There is no need to use a rolling pin with this dough. Using a 2-inch round biscuit cutter (or a drinking glass), cut into the dough. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Gather any remaining dough, pat it so it is 1/2-inch thick, and cut it into circles until all the dough is used up.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining egg and brush on biscuits. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light golden. Serve warm with jam and whipped cream.
Before You Start Cooking!
Top this with a decadent homemade whipped cream!
Just place a large mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 15 minutes. (Although not required, this makes for a better, fluffier whipped cream.) Place 1/3 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla in the chilled bowl and add 2 cups heavy whipping cream. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. (This will take a couple of minutes depending on the type of mixer you have.) Refrigerate until ready to use.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 217
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 4.3g 21 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 5.4g 11 %
- Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
- Sodium 332mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 7.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're tired of serving the same ol' side dishes every fall, then you've got to give our Butternut Squash Fritters a try. Fried until golden and crispy, there's no way anyone can resist having one...or two. And they're even better if you drizzle a little syrup over them!