"Hearty" Ricotta Puffs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wow your Valentine with this romantic twist on classic puff pastries. Our "Hearty" Ricotta puffs will be the perfect side dish accent with your candlelit dinner for two. These heart-shaped puffs are just the right amount of warm and flaky. Your sweetheart will fall head-over-heels, not only for you, but for the food too!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
What to Do
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder; mix well and set aside.
3. Unfold two puff pastry sheets on a flat surface. Using a 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 18 hearts. If you don’t have one you can pick one up in any kitchen store or you can make these round. To do so, use the edge of a drinking glass to cut out the dough.
4. Place about 1 heaping teaspoon of spinach cheese mixture on 9 pastry hearts, spreading almost to edges. Place remaining 9 pastry hearts over spinach cheese mixture and using a fork, pinch the dough together. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheets and spinach cheese mixture.
5. Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve piping hot with a spoonful of spaghetti sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Calories 258
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 8.5g 42 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.9g 14 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 312mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 2.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer summer months, then you've come to the right place. Not only is this strawberry ice cream recipe fresh as can be, but with only four simple ingredients, is easy as can be too! Using ripe and juicy strawberries, you'll bring it together with some condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. It doesn't get much easier--or summertime sweeter--than that!