All-in-One Breakfast Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We can’t think of a better way to start your day than with our simple-as-can-be rise & shine favorite. One bite of it and you’ll understand why we love this so much. And although we love the combination of ingredients, we think the whipped cottage cheese, which is super trendy, is what makes this so special.
What You'll Need
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Coarse black pepper for sprinkling
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 slices rustic sourdough bread or any hearty bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place bacon on baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and pepper. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile, place cottage cheese in food processor or blender and process until smooth. Toast bread and spread evenly with about 1/4 cup whipped cottage cheese.
- Cut bacon in half and place on cottage cheese. Top with an egg cooked to your preference (fried, scrambled or even poached). Sprinkle with scallions and black pepper, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tip
This makes enough whipped cottage cheese for 4 servings, so save the rest in the fridge for later in the week and try experimenting with different toppings.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party? If so, then you've got to make our Not-Fried Chicken Cheese Balls! They feature the delicious trio of chicken, cheese, and bacon in an easy-to-eat form. Your guests will love taking a bite out of these (and you'll love how simple they are to make!).