Big Easy Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone will be cheering you when you bake up a batch of our "salute to New Orleans" Big Easy Brownies. Whether for game-watching, movie night, a potluck or bake sale, these awesome brownies will always score you big points!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.3-ounce) package fudge brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Stir 1/2 cup pecans and the chocolate chips into prepared batter.
- Bake as directed, 25 to 30 minutes; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine heavy cream, butter, and brown sugar, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Cool 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour frosting evenly over brownies. Sprinkle remaining pecans over top. Allow to stand 30 to 45 minutes, or until frosting is set.
Brownie lovers of the world unite, and try another one of our scrumptious recipes -- Hot Fudge Brownies!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Let's be honest, we sort of miss the days when the lunch lady used to scoop up heaping portions of her sloppy joe mixture onto hamburger buns. There was something about Lunch Lady Sloppy Joes that made 'em extra-special. Now, we've come up with a recipe that we know would be lunch lady-approved, and ya don't have to wear a hair net to serve it!