Cherry Cola Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
A splash of soda pop in the batter, makes our Cherry Cola brownies a stand-out. Everyone will know for sure that yours are homemade, which means you get to serve these with extra pride!
What You'll Need
- 1 (19.9-ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup regular cola soda
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, plus 12 cherry halves for garnish
- 3 2/3 cups confectioners's sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 6 tablespoons regular cola soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, eggs, and cola; mix well. Stir in chopped cherries, then spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, place confectioners' sugar; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, cola, and cocoa. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour cocoa mixture into confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Spread frosting over brownies and garnish with cherries. Cut and serve.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While school cafeteria menus changed monthly, there was one item that we knew would be available every Friday - fish sticks. Our Cafeteria Fish Sticks are simple and kid-approved, especially 'cause they're coated with crunchy potato chips and ranch dressing!